"To love would be an awfully big adventure"
Friday, September 6, 2013 || 8:48 PM
I remember those times when i was just a tiny smart alec. You asked "what d'ya want for dinner?" And I said "ph-ish (piss) and chips" and cackled like a witch cos i thought it was all funny but you never scolded but just smiled back. I remember when you taught me how to roll those grassy-smelling cigarettes you used to always puff. I remember holding your hand and walking in that yellow shopping mall. I remember even the time when you were always sad, you would still come to pick me up at the subway station everyday when i went out just cos "there are so many funny old men around, hey wait I'm one too ain't I" I remember the hug we had before I left, when I felt your frail body so different from the strong you of the past.
It just hit deep, when you got sick and as you now slowly slip away day-by-day. Loving you and praying for a miracle.
"They weep here /
For how the world goes,
and our life that passes \
Touches their hearts."
- Robert Fitzgerald
Tears of things.
Heart-breaking.