"To love would be an awfully big adventure"
Friday, April 25, 2014 || 4:27 PM
“Without pain, how could we know joy?' This is an old argument in the field of thinking about suffering and its stupidity and lack of sophistication could be plumbed for centuries but suffice it to say that the existence of broccoli does not, in any way, affect the taste of chocolate.”
― John Green, The Fault in Our Stars
One year ago, it was, when I read this book. Back then, I was sick again, in a place where I felt most alone for once, the cold seeping in through the window. I made choices since then, things that have changed so much. The old experiences gentrified by the new. Sometimes, I wonder...I tire of the second guessing, wishing that I could believe that everything is shared upfront, promises kept, and the door to secrets open. Struggling with trust. But I know regardless, we had this time thus far, and it is wonderful. Life just went marching on.